Mary’s passion for yoga has taken her from her home studios in the US on a journey around the world. She is the Director of Yoga & Wellness of Nihi Sumba Island, a luxury wellness resort in Indonesia named “No.1 Hotel in the World” by Travel+Leisure for the last two years. She also leads retreats worldwide and is a regular contributor to a number of trusted travel & wellness sites including The Fit Traveller, Yoga Trade & Elephant Journal.
INTERNATIONAL YOGA TEACHER
Mary’s diverse experience reflects her belief that yoga is a practice for everyone. Her background includes a mix of retreats, trainings, classes and collaborations including:
- Yoga & Wellness Director of Nihi Wellness Resort, Sumba Island, Indonesia
- Barefoot Luxury Retreats in Nicaragua, Mexico, El Salvador and Greece (see Events Page to book an upcoming retreat)
- Head Yoga Teacher at Hariharalaya Yoga & Meditation Center in Cambodia for over a year, leading retreats, and mentoring new teachers through an Internship Program
- Co-founder of Dream Seek Retreat: Where Yoga+Creativity Collide
- Yoga & Wellness Editor for The Fit Traveller
- Yoga Teacher Trainer for multiple 200-Hr Yoga Alliance certified courses at The Sanctuary, Koh Phangan, Thailand
- International Travel Rep // Social Media for Yoga Trade
- Vinyasa Yoga Teacher at Corepower Yoga in Chicago
Mary brings over 1,000 certified teacher training hours including Hatha, Power Vinyasa, Restorative, Y12SR (Yoga for Addiction Recovery), Spine Dysfunction & Anatomy, as well as ongoing training in Yoga Therapy. Based on the philosophy of “teaching people, not poses”, Yoga Therapy utilizes the tools of Yoga to address the physical, mental and emotional needs of the student. She has trained under the expert guidance of Shiva Rea (PranaVinyasa Yoga), Tiffany Cruikshank (Yoga Medicine), and Nikki Myers (Y12SR) , among many other great teachers, and spent periods of dedicated study in ashrams and meditation centers in Nepal and India. Mary also incorporates her knowledge as a certified Life Coach to encourage people to maximize fulfillment and happiness in their life both on and off the mat.
For a full list of qualifications, reach out to [email protected]com
PASSIONATE WORLD TRAVELER
Mary’s curiosity for the world has brought her to the peaks of the Himalayas, remote tribal villages, busy city streets, and everything in between!
As the Yoga & Wellness Editor for The Fit Traveller, she focuses specifically on luxury wellness resorts. You can find her reviews for TFT, insider travel tips for all budgets and personal blog in the Media section.
Need help planning your next trip? Get in touch!