Devoted to sharing the experience of health, freedom, and joy that results from truly living yoga.
Hi! I’m Mary.
A yoga teacher, retreat leader and passionate world traveler.
After completing over 1,000+ certified training hours in both Eastern & Western approaches to yoga, it is my goal to make my teaching as accessible as possible.
I invite you to come just as you are and allow the magic to unfold.
Specializes in individualized instruction to address the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the student.
Join one of Mary’s upcoming retreats or hire her for your next event.
Enroll in online classes to practice anywhere, anytime!
- HARIHARALAYA YOGA RETREAT: WAKING UP IN CAMBODIA marytilsonyoga 2017-05-01T17:26:19+00:00
- The Sumba Warrior Collection: Yoga Pants with Purpose marytilsonyoga 2017-03-03T14:59:30+00:00
- Travelling East: Life-Changing Experiences Beyond the Yoga Mat marytilsonyoga 2017-03-02T18:44:57+00:00
- MEXICO: LIVING YOGA AT YANDARA YOGA INSTITUTE IN BAJA marytilsonyoga 2017-01-24T22:16:09+00:00
- Reason’s to Start Living Yoga Today by Mary Tilson for Yoga Trade marytilsonyoga 2017-01-27T22:51:33+00:00
- Digital Media: Take Hold of the Double Edged Sword marytilsonyoga 2017-01-24T17:04:49+00:00
Mary is a pure pleasure to work with. She is creative, compassionate, and has an amazing work ethic. Mary radiates with authenticity and her passion for living yoga shines though in all that she does. Mary’s devotion to the international yoga community is truly inspiring and heartfelt. She is a positive change maker and a natural light in the world of modern yoga.
I had the honor of employing Mary for over 15 months at the Hariharalaya Yoga and Meditation Retreat Center in rural Cambodia. Mary served as head yoga teacher on over 50 retreats, leading groups of up to 30 people. Mary’s dynamic, creative, awareness based teaching style was thoroughly enjoyed by students of all ages and all levels. Her professional attitude, her positive approach and friendly demeanor always added to the team. In addition Mary lead workshops, yoga at the Temple tours and private yoga lessons, where she designed over 100 individualized personal practices for her students. Yoga and conscious living is clearly a passion for Mary, not a job, and she demonstrated that over her 15 months at the center. She is a great leader and a team player. In addition she lives what she teaches. Mary is always learning and growing, and she shares this joy and inspiration for life with all of her students.
Mary was hired as the head yoga teacher during my three year spell as the General Manager at Hariharalaya. She did an excellent job and played a pivotal role in leading the retreats. When I moved to Nihiwatu to become their activities director, my first move was to bring Mary on-board to head up our yoga and wellness program. One again she has excelled in this new position.
MEDIA / PRESS / GALLERY
- Six Ways You Can Get Work Teaching at a Yoga Retreat marytilsonyoga 2017-05-01T17:24:34+00:00
- A Conscious Conversation About Money With: Mary Tilson marytilsonyoga 2017-05-01T17:24:03+00:00
- A Beginner’s Guide To Meditation marytilsonyoga 2017-05-01T17:23:12+00:00
- Interview: How to be a Traveling Yoga Teacher marytilsonyoga 2017-03-03T15:01:50+00:00
- Meet our Yoga & Wellness Editor, Mary Tilson marytilsonyoga 2017-01-04T15:55:49+00:00